Alyth is a town in Perth and Kinross, situated under the Hill of Alyth five miles northeast of Blairgowrie. It stands on the A926 between Kirriemuir and Blairgowrie, offering easy access to Glenisla and Loch of Lintrathen via the B952/B954.
A golf club was established in Alyth in 1894. The original nine-hole course was modified and extended to eighteen holes in 1934. A further two clubs have opened since – the Strathmore Golf Centre in 1986 and the Glenisla Club in 1992. Alyth has a small local museum open from May to September, which is run by Perth Museum and has access to buildings on the site of the 6th century Saint Moluag church.